When I moved to Cambridge this spring I couldn’t compose too much because the only thing I had was my laptop. Anyway I composed on it a new piece called The Fairy that was released at the end of May. Now I have received my MIDI keyboard and the sound interface. Waiting for the table and I think to get some new tools for the studio. I hope at the end of the month to be able to setup the home studio and start to work on music more intense. Here are two photos I took at the beginning of this summer and now of the same wheat field that inspired me to write the current piece.
Feel The Rain is my new chillout piece based on some older ideas. The voice belongs to Natalia Surdu-Palanciuc. I hope that you’ll be translated in the little world we created in this piece.
The piece was made with free software:
- LMMS a sequencer
- Ardour for mixing, but also as midi sequencer adding some new melodies
- Debian GNU/linux – the operating system
- Free software DSP plugins available on GNU/Linux
Credits & License
- Feel The Rain, by Geontime, licensed under CC-BY 4.0.
- Voice by Natalia Surdu-Palanciuc
- Cover image Rain, by jerryw387, under license CC-BY 2.0.